What is it NOT able to do?
Carbonflo cannot fix existing mechanical or electrical problems, and it can’t guarantee there won’t be any in the future (although it can cut down on engine wear). Also there are of course limits to what it can do, for example it will not turn a family saloon into a Formula 1 racing car.
It simply gives many years of usefully better fuel-efficiency for a modest one-off cost.
How long before it works?
In some cases, especially in our experience in smaller petrol engines, obvious results can manifest very quickly. More typically however it can take 2,000 or so miles for full benefits to become apparent. And in some cases (especially very large diesel engines) it has often taken longer still which is one reason why we give a 12-month full satisfaction guarantee.
Does it work better in old or in new engines?
It works the same in both new and old engines, in as much as it does not actually modify any engine, it only modifies fuel that the engine uses. That said, in used engines with carbon deposits initial gains are more marked. This is because purging of the build-up with Carbonflo gives efficiency gains that cannot happen in new engines where there is no build-up to be purged.
However in new engines it inhibits formation of carbon build-up, so the long-term value is as great.
What actual differences can I expect?
What we are actually promising is years of usefully better fuel efficiency. How this manifests varies enormously from application to application but as a guide:
- Power: Using 2-wheel transport as an example, in a 50cc moped it is likely that soon after fitting the catalyst the rider will notice smoother and more willing performance especially climbing hills. In the case of a ‘super-bike’ however the product will work equally as well, but the difference will be much less noticeable due to the inherent power of the machine
- Economy: Unbeknown to many people, accurate measurement of fuel consumption is a notoriously complex However if you follow meticulous procedures and account for the many variables, you can expect to end up with a positive result between 5% and 12% according to type and condition of the fuel, type and condition of the engine, and how it is used
- Ability to use a lower grade of fuel: If you are currently using a more expensive higher-octane fuel, after fitting the catalyst you will be able to switch to a less expensive lower-octane without loss of performance – – more likely there will be noticeable performance gains. Also if you are using a liquid additive to allow an older ‘leaded-only’ engine to use unleaded you will no longer need the additive
- Emissions: If emissions are checked before fitting the catalyst, they can be expected to show significant reductions when later re-checked under ‘like-for-like’ comparative conditions, especially after a fair period of operation
- Cleaner-running engines: If ever there is a need to strip down an engine (or turbo for example) after a significant period of running with the catalyst, very markedly reduced carbon deposits than the norm can be expected to be
If it’s so wonderful, and it’s been around for so long, why aren’t we all using it already?
Because it has been suppressed in a scandal not unlike the motor manufacturers’ emissions-rigging episode as publicly exposed in September 2015.
What can cause it to NOT show results?
This technology improves fuel quality and which means fuel-efficiency But few things in life are fool-proof and instances such as the following, although uncommon, have been known to happen:
- ‘Wrong unit fitted’ …. fitting a unit designed for a small car into a large truck will not work
- ‘Unit wrongly fitted’ …. fitting an in-line unit by mistake into a fuel return line and not the fuel delivery line will not work
- ‘Unit already installed’…it has happened that units have been fitted without it being realised that units were already installed in the tank and therefore invisible. In such cases the additional unit has given little benefit
- When fuel consumption evaluations are carried out to meticulous procedures that account for the many variables, in typical cases improvements between 5% and 12% are found after a sufficient period of engine operation (typically 2,000 miles for cars and 4,000 or 5,000 for heavy diesel vehicles). When fuel consumption evaluations are carried out on any other basis all kinds of figures can be recorded, but these are less to do with the effects of the product and more to do with flaws in the tests.
Can I use other additives as well as Carbonflo?
We do not recommend liquid fuel additives are used in conjunction with Carbonflo